What is Tex-Mex? A friend from Houston asked me the same question. I guess if a Texan doesn't know, it's open to interpretation.
With this in mind, we've developed a standard menu from the van that combines the spices of Mexico, with the slow cooked meats and sweet, spicy and smokey BBQ flavours of Texas.
Our menu can be tailored to your requirements. We can customize most of our dishes to suite Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free requirements. Please advise of any specific food allergy or dietary requirements when booking. All of our dishes can be served as mild or as spicy as desired.
Each service will feature dishes such as
- Cowboy Chilli Rancho Nachos - Corn Chips covered in a hearty beef chilli, smoothered in cheese sauce and a tangy hot sauce, with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Pico de gallo and Corn and Black Bean salsa on the side.
- Kid's Nachos - a slightly smaller serve without the sides (that most kids turn their noses up at)
- Soft Corn Tacos (gf) - A selection of fillings topped with salsa, slaw, guac and sour cream
- Texas Beef Brisket Quesadillas - filled with succulent brisket, cheese and pickled red ionion, toasted on the grill and served with a side of pico de gallo, corn and black bean salsa, sour cream, guac and southern slaw.
- Jumbo Burritos - 12" imported wheat tortillas stuffed with a selection of fillings such as pulled pork, chipotle chicken and smoked mushroom, topped off with with salsa, slaw, guac, pico de gallo, refried beans, shredded cheese and sour cream
We will also be serving up home-made sauces to spice up/cool down the dishes, such as Creamy Chipotle, Southern Ranch, Spicy BBQ, and a warm cheese sauce for Nachos (no microwave shredded cheese!... unless you require a gluten free meal)
For private functions please refer to our new function packages here